Our Mission Statement East West Destination Hospitality is committed to reducing environmental impacts by engaging our associations, owners, guests and community through the use of responsible products and sustainable practices.
At East West, we feel privileged to work and live in this beautiful Colorado mountain paradise and are dedicated to preserving it for generations to come. Our desire to respect our natural surroundings helps create a better environment of our guests, our employees, the community and the land. East West has established an EcoCare Team, comprised of representatives from each property we manage, that is responsible for coordinating and implementing new sustainable initiatives. Through our efforts, we hope to inspire others to mirror our practices as it makes sense environmentally, socially as well as financially. We hope you’ll appreciate what we’re doing in the properties we manage as well as what individual unit owners have implemented.
OUR COMMITMENT TO THE ENVIRONMENT AND OUR COMMUNITY
- Easy-to-use Single Stream Recycling areas
- Recycled paper products used as much as possible; double-sided printing and copying; Email confirmations and communication
- All properties are 100% nonsmoking
- Compact fluorescent lighting on building exteriors and common areas
- Housekeeping products are citric acid-based and free of dye, fragrance, toxic chemicals; laundry products are phosphate-free and biodegradable
- Natural Dry Cleaning processes
- Incentives to employees to use alternative transportation
- Paid time off for employees to volunteer for community and environmental programs such as Habitat for Humanity, Highway Clean-Up and Salvation Army Adopt-A-Family/Food Drives.
- Memberships: Vail Valley Partnership – Destination Preservation and Eagle Valley Alliance for Sustainability